EdTech Asia Summit Terms and Conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable. All purchases of tickets for events by the EdTech Group (including any goods or services packaged together with tickets) are non-refundable, including for tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Tickets do not include transportation, visa or lodging services. You acknowledge that a purchase of ticket to an event does not include services for, nor the reimbursement of costs for: (a) transportation to or from the event, or between event venues; (b) obtaining visas or appropriate immigration status in order to attend the event; or (c) food and accommodation while attending the event. Any referral by the EdTech Asia Group as to where to obtain such services are not endorsements as to their quality or reliability. Any issues with such services should be directed to the goods or service providers themselves.
- Speakers/Topics may Change. Although speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, EdTech Asia Limited reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics as necessary. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our Sites (as defined below) as soon as possible.
- No Goods, Services, Events or Demonstrations by Attendees. It is strictly forbidden for any attendee (or affiliated company or organization of an attendee) to provide goods or services, or to host or organize any event or demonstration, in conjunction with, contiguous to, or purporting to be related to an event by the EdTech Asia Group without the express prior permission of EdTech Asia Limited. In the event of breach of the terms of this paragraph 4, any tickets held by such attendee may be immediately cancelled without reimbursement, and appropriate legal action may be taken by the EdTech Asia Group.
- No Reselling/Transferring Tickets for Commercial Gain. The tickets you purchase are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances, including, but not limited to as part of any promotion or competition, without the express written consent of EdTech Asia LImited. Any resale or transfer of any tickets breaching this paragraph 5 may result in the immediate cancellation of the subject tickets without reimbursement.
- Other Causes of Cancellation of Tickets. EdTech Asia Limited reserves the right to cancel a ticket, without reimbursement, for any behaviour by an attendee that it deems disruptive, immoral, unlawful, otherwise unacceptable or in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Tickets are Revocable. Your ticket remains the property of EdTech Asia Limited and is a personal revocable license that may be withdrawn at anytime without reason by EdTech Asia in exchange for a refund of the ticket price you paid, which you agree to be sufficient compensation.
- No Unauthorized Recordings; Consent to be Recorded; Consent to Use Likeness. Except for a reasonable amount of snapshots or video recordings taken for personal use only, the unauthorized use of photographic and recording equipment at an event is prohibited. You consent to be recorded by photographic, videographic or audio means while attending an event by the EdTech Group. Further, you grant the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, reproduce, exhibit, publish and re-publish, and display, for commercial purposes or otherwise, your photograph, voice and likeness contained within any media captured or recorded at the event.
- Name Changes on Tickets. Reasonable requests for changes of the name on an event ticket will be considered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, EdTech Asia Limited reserves the right to deny any such request in its discretion for any reason, disclosed or undisclosed.
- Minors must be Accompanied by an Adult. Any ticket issued to a person under the age of majority is invalid for admission to an event unless such person is also accompanied by an adult attendee.
- Customer Complaints. Complaints should be made to email@example.com. We will endeavor to resolve any customer complaints within reason.
EdTech Asia Associated Websites Terms and Conditions
The Website is designed for your use, if you have any comments, problems and/or questions regarding the Website and/or products and services featured on the Website, please post them through use of the feedback form available on the Website. Additionally, if you have experienced technical problems while using the Website please contact us through the ‘Contact Us’ email available through the Website. We welcome any suggestions on how to improve our service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services.
Use of Account
If you create an account on EdTechList.com or any other EdTech Asia Limited Website or Mobile Application, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account , and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must not describe or assign keywords to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and EdTech Asia Limited may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause EdTech Asia Limited liability. You must immediately notify EdTech Asia Limited of any unauthorized uses of your account, your account or any other breaches of security. EdTech Asia Limited will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Responsibility of Contributors
If you operate an account, comment on a page, post material to EdTechList.com, EdTechTalk.com or any EdTech Asia Limited Website or Mobile Application, post links on the Website or Mobile Application, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website or Mobile Application (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
your account is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
your account is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your account’s display name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorised and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by EdTech Asia Limited or otherwise.
By submitting Content to EdTech Asia Limited for inclusion on your Website, you grant EdTech Asia Limited a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your account. If you delete Content, EdTech Asia Limited will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, EdTech Asia Limited has the right (though not the obligation) to, in EdTech Asia Limited’s sole discretion to (i) refuse or remove any content that, in EdTech Asia Limited’s reasonable opinion, violates any EdTech Asia Limited policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in EdTech Asia Limited’s sole discretion. For digital services and products rendered EdTech Asia Limited will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
Last updated March 11,2019 by EdTech Asia Limited.
EdTech Asia Photography Contest Terms and Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions for the EdTech Asia Limited photography contest are provided to the contestant as a binding agreement that is considered in full effect as of the commencement date to be determined. All parties who enter a submission in to the photography contest thereby agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
1.0 All photography contest entrants hereby permit EdTech Asia Limited to use and display any of the submitted images on the EdTechAsia.com website and any associated websites such as social media to include Facebook, Instagram, Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, WeChat, Line and email correspondence. Images related to the photography competition may also be used offline to include but are not limited to, public display at educational workshops and events.
1.1 EdTech Asia Limited photography contest entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless EdTech Asia Limited and its employees, directors, sponsors and affiliates from any claims, losses, and damages resulting from their participation in this contest or any contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any awarded prize.
1.2 Photography contest entrants must not infringe on the rights of any other photographer, person, organization, company, government, or landowner. Photographs that are irrelevant, inappropriate are obscene will be considered unacceptable and result in removal from the contest.
1.3 EdTech Asia Limited retains the right to cancel or suspend the photography contest in the event the contest cannot be maintained in an efficient manner due to technical difficulties, computer infection or attack, unauthorized tampering, or any other issue that may compromise the security and normal operations of the contest. EdTech Asia Limited maintains the right to disqualify any entrants who seek to compromise the security or normal operations of the contest.
1.4 Photography contest entrants hereby grant EdTech Asia Limited the right to select any of the submitted photos to print and display at locations worldwide at a later date to be determined. All submitted photos will give full credit to the accompanying photographer.
1.5 Photography contest entrants grant EdTech Asia Limited non-exclusive rights and irrevocable license to their submitted images, entrants thereby retain full copyright and all other rights to their work. Non-exclusive rights include but are not limited to the reproduction, enlargement, or publishing of images for any purpose directly related to the competition.
1.6 All photographic images must relate to the theme of Education and Technology in a creative and non-offensive manner. Photographs must have been taken within the time period to include the calendar years 2018 till present. Each photographic entry must have never been awarded a prize or determined a winner in any other photographic contest.
1.7 EdTech Asia Limited assumes no responsibility for any deletion, defect, or delay in the transmission, communication, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to contest entries or entry forms. EdTech Asia Limited will not be held responsible for any problems with or technical malfunctions of any online or mobile computer systems, servers or providers or computer and/or mobile equipment.
1.8 EdTech Asia Limited will not be held responsible for any failure of Instagram email entries on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet. In addition, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers or mobile devices related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to the photography contest.
1.9 Photography contest entrants hereby give EdTech Asia Limited the right to retain submitted name and email for purposes. Submitted entrant information will not be sold or knowingly be made available to third parties. Information may be used to notify the entrant of confirmation of photograph submission and other contests or events associated with EdTech Asia limited. Photography contest entrants have the right to view, update, or cancel any personal information submitted to EdTech Asia Limited by emailing photography contest organizers directly.
1.10 All contestants must be at least 18 years of age on the date of photo submission. In countries where the age of 18 does not constitute legal majority then the contestant must be of age of legal majority in the contestant’s country of residence.
1.11 Contest entrants are eligible to win a prize for one category only. Contestants will not be awarded multiple prizes for multiple categories.
1.12 Contest winners may not transfer prizes or the rights to prizes rights or obtain substitutions in any form. All taxes on prizes and incidental expenses not specified in the prize descriptions are the sole responsibility of the photography contest winners. The offer of prizes is void in countries where it is prohibited by law.
1.13 By participating in the photographic contest, the contestant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these contest terms and conditions and the decisions of EdTech Asia Limited and affiliates, sponsors, partners, and judges, which are final and binding.
1.14 EdTech Asia Limited will not be held responsible for incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete entry of information by photography contest entrants.
1.15 The photography contest entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
1.16 The photography contest is governed by the internal laws of Hong Kong without regard to or the application of its conflict of law rules. The exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any action arising out of or relating to the photography contest shall be held in the courts of Hong Kong.
1.17 By submitting a photograph to the EdTech Asia Limited photography contest you warrant that you are the owner of the image, that you alone own the copyright, and that you have obtained any necessary third-party releases.
1.18 Electronic entries other than Instragram will not be returned to the contestant. Entries will be stored on the photography competition archive in due time after the competition has been finished.
1.19 Instragram is to be used as a submission portal only and is in no way affiliated with the contest or EdTech Asia Limited except as a host of free social media platform functionalities.
Last updated March 11, 2019 by EdTech Asia Limited.