Fringe EventsEcosystem tours, workshops, and master classes
1. Growth Hacking Bootcamp
July 31 to August 1 (2 days)
The two-day bootcamp will provide a hands-on and engaging opportunity for early stage edtech and HR tech companies to develop and optimize their own sustainable “Growth Engine”. With a research and data driven approach to accelerating company growth the bootcamp will address several of the specific challenges that startup founders face through customized and tailored training content. After these 2 hands-on training days participants will be aware of the real skills necessary to achieve sustainable long-term growth for your venture.
You will learn:
- how edtech startups differ from most other tech ventures and what effect these differences have on growth patterns and strategies
- the 5 stages of the lean marketing funnel (acquisition, activation, retention, referral and revenue)
- metrics and KPI setting to ensure you track your “health” metrics and avoid vanity metrics
- what tools and techniques to apply at each stage
- how to apply an experimentation based process to optimize each stage of the funnel
2. Vietnam Startup Ecosystem Tour
July 31 (1 day)
8:00am – 8:15am: Meet at lobby of Sheraton Saigon.
*The bus will leave on 8:30AM sharp so please be on time.
8:30 – 9:00: Traveling to the first destination: YOLA
9:00 – 10:00: Visiting YOLA office, led by Ms. Tu – co-founder @ YOLA
YOLA is a rapidly expanding and diversified education business that includes several centers throughout the country focused on English language learning and test prep. Ms. Tu is also the co-founder of SXSWEDU edtech winner ELSA (English Language Speech Assistant), a mobile platform that helps English learners improve pronunciation and speaking skills with specific and personalized feedback, powered by advanced speech recognition and machine learning.
10:00 – 11:00: Traveling to RMIT
11:00 – 11:30: Overview of RMIT and CODE
The Centre of Digital Excellence (CODE) is supported by RMIT University Vietnam. CODE builds capacity amongst the Vietnamese education workforce in the primary, secondary and higher education sectors, developing expertise in contemporary approaches to digital learning and teaching in Vietnam.
11:30 – 12:15: Tour of campus and CODE facilities
12:15 – 14:00: Lunch
14:00 – 14:30: Traveling to ASU
Arizona State University (ASU) and the Vietnamese Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) have several collaborative initiatives including SETI that aims to advance science, engineering, technology and innovation across Vietnam. The SETI Alliance extends beyond “brick and mortar” education delivery to reach thousands of learners across Vietnam through EdPlus, ASU‘s online, international degree program, with its digital immersion learning platforms and technologies. The alliance is seeking to pioneer a new model for global STEM education.
14:30 – 15:30: ASU presentation
15:30 – 16:00: Traveling to Saigon Innovation Hub (SIHUB)
16:00 – 16:30: Saigon Innovation Hub presentation
Launched by the Ho Chi Minh City’s Energy Conservation Centre (ECC) under the municipal Department of Science and Technology, SIHUB works to assist the startup community toward making the locality a “startup city”.
16:30 – 17:00: Startup/Innovation ecosystem landscape by Ms. Ngan
Ms. Ngan has 7 years experience as a community builder in the local startup/innovation ecosystem. She has worked on multiple projects backed by Worldbank and ADB.
17:00 – 17:15: Networking with startups & SIHUB team.
17:15 – 18:00: Back to Sheraton & Goodbye.
- Please let us know if you have any special request for meals (Halah food, no beef, no pork or vegetarian)
- Please bring your passport or personal ID with picture along for security checks by some buildings on our visit.
- As the tour will be whole day long, if you wish to leave earlier, please inform us when you leave group.
- All presentations will be sent out after the tour.